THE SELFISH MODE

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

THE SELFISH MODE

To live for only one second one must believe a thousand lies.


I wrote this book to prevent the madness. Madness that comes to a man after he realizes that he is internally by nature a bad person and a mad person. That he cannot control this bad or mad character, and that to not develop its horror he must avoid others. From birth I was like this, I sensed it early in my life, it had nothing to do with environment or with dormant genes in the family tree. No, I was bad as some of us must be bad because all can not be good. And as I watched, I saw that my actions would, by being a product of myself, be bad and mad, and that their consequences to include the effects on others and myself, could only be egregious. When I stumbled upon this fact I despaired so, for I wanted like so many to contribute something positive to humanity but this would not be possible, whatever I touched was sure to turn into molten tragedy. This was why I decided to avoid humanity, my one act of kindness, to save them from myself.

Now you may say “Why would he think such a thing?” And I will tell you it was not a thought it was a life. I lived in this body that was and is possessed by a bewitching darkness, and to rescue it was and is impossible, and sadly for myself, intolerable. It was so because I could not prevent the negative destructive thoughts. Everything I thought and did resemble images of past and future atrocities. I went mad with this madness, and so thus I begun to conjure the Selfish Mode which in some mysterious ways harnessed my madness, contained it and diverted into the elusive strangeness of words.

In here you will find the goodness of evil for I am not really a bad person but in a world where bad is not allowed to exist because of the glorification of good, I do appear evil. But indeed I am everything that is good about evil! And so I thought I should share this evil which is good, thought not good as you think, but good in the sense that it does not deviate from being pure in what it is!

But that is the why of the book, then there are two people that were accomplices in the making of this work. My brother, Gabriel, he is now an angel and I miss him always, and always I thank him for believing in me. And he believed in me when there was every cause to doubt me, Gabe always an inspiration to all that met him on this earth, always inspired this weary soul.

And Lisa, Lisa, a woman that because of her grandness has had a profound effect upon my life. If I am everything that is good about evil she is everything that is good about goodness. We spent inmmense time together and through her essence she demonstrated to me that good was not necessarily boring or bad, that there were indeed good people that were indeed good, and that goodness could indeed prevail without righteousness, violence, or agony. In a sense Lisa, with her being, is proof positive that everything that this book claims is absolutely wrong and false. And if it is true that a book is never finished until its opposite is written, then I must admit that I can only write this half, Lisa could think and feel both, unfortunately for us Lisa is too smart to bother with writing a book

So before the feminist revisionists rewrite my history and give all the credit for the Selfish Mode to Lisa Hintz, let me circumvent their efforts now by acknowledging beyond doubt that it was her ability to diagnose thoughts, to reduce a complex thought to it’s most basic constituents, with a swiftness of mind and an emotional clarity that made it impossible for me to ignore the very emotion of my flaws, and the flaws of humanity in general. But though Lisa’s mental agility would be enough to deconstruct and reconstruct all of humanity, her greatest contribution was her heart. Her passion, her unflinching religion, her dedication to an emotional idea, to an ephemeral reality, and most endearing, her ability to retain her character regardless of the storm. This book would not have been possible without her.

Para ambos con corazon sagrado y amor impossible siempre!




You should always believe in something but never ever believe that it is true.