THE SELFISH MODE

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Death Be To Thee My Friend

I could not however ponder this to the point of pity, I had not been aware of destiny’s tyranny, when I shared my thoughts with them I was merely extending my friendship, and not knowing, the dagger. Things had changed, they were accomplices of destiny, unaware, but able to reproduce and benefit from my thoughts, they were now on my black list.

My black list was a list of all those that had been confidants, it was a list of names that were to be terminated with extreme prejudice, it was also a list of the only real friends that I had ever known, of my closest companions, lovers, of my worthiest of memories. I listed their addresses, the place of work, their habits, their known illnesses and if they practiced any activities like rock climbing that could unfortunately precipitate their death. I decided out of a sense of decency to murder them myself, of course my financial means had excluded the possibility of a hired assassin.